No more photo galleries?

Basic category for information pertaining to Lake Minnewaska's history.
Ridge70
Are you human?: 0

No more photo galleries?

Post by Ridge70 »

What happened to the galleries on this site? Everything is gone!?!?! I just started some p/t work at the Mohonk House and I can't help but think of the Minnewaska hotels every so often.

Came here to check out the photos and everything is gone. I haven't browsed them in some time (maybe a year or so) so not sure when they were taken off. I read Sam's post from 2009 (the latest update) that said there were going to be some new features, not deletions.

?????
Joe DeFalco

Re: No more photo galleries?

Post by Joe DeFalco »

The photo's are still here. When you touch Galleries you'll see a empty space below it and The Library (Text) below that. Click on the empty space and the photo's come up...
Ridge70

Post by Ridge70 »

Thanks. I see it now. Why is it hidden that way? I guess the movie gallery has been removed?
Joe DeFalco

Post by Joe DeFalco »

The movies are still there too. You have to play around with it a little. It's been messed up for more than a year now. If you keep changing the topic boxes and clicking on the blank boxes eventually it comes up.
Joe DeFalco

Post by Joe DeFalco »

How is it working at Mohonk, any perks ??? I use to love going there before their prices went through the roof...
Ridge70

Post by Ridge70 »

Joe DeFalco wrote:How is it working at Mohonk, any perks ??? I use to love going there before their prices went through the roof...

I've only been there about 2 months and so far, so good. Everyone is pretty nice and the guests are all happy to be there so it's really a win win situation.

The perks? Well, employees get free access to the grounds and a fair amount of discounts from meals to rooms etc. Ski/snowshoe rentals are free. They encourage the employees to use the facilities. You can also bring guests free of charge...for example, if you wanted to bring your family up or a group of friends, they'll let everyone in free. There's also free access to the Mohonk Preserve. So, that for me is a huge perk. Just being up there and being able to walk around the trails after a shift is such a benefit to me. That place is amazing. I hate leaving lol.
Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: 13

Post by Admin »

The photo's are still here. When you touch Galleries you'll see a empty space below it and The Library (Text) below that. Click on the empty space and the photo's come up...

I had no idea about this! Nobody told me there was a problem. I guess it's no secret that this site has been neglected over the past few years, but I thought everything was still working.

I see all the pulldown links fine (latest Firefox). Can you guys tell me what browser and version you're using? Anything else around here not working right on your end?
Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: 13

Post by Admin »

Ok, it looks like Microsoft's new Internet Explorer has broken the navigational links. I'm in the process of changing them all and should be done soon.
Joe DeFalco

Post by Joe DeFalco »

Thanks Sam, everything's good again. Do you have any plans for this site in the future ?? Any new material ?? This is still a popular site.
Joe DeFalco

Post by Joe DeFalco »

Ridge 70... Is Mohonk hiring ??? LOL...
Ridge70

Post by Ridge70 »

sam wrote: I had no idea about this! Nobody told me there was a problem. I guess it's no secret that this site has been neglected over the past few years, but I thought everything was still working.

I see all the pulldown links fine (latest Firefox). Can you guys tell me what browser and version you're using? Anything else around here not working right on your end?

Sorry Sam...I have noticed this for some time now. Figured I would post something here before contacting you. Thankfully, Joe DeFalco had it figured out. Am using Windows 7. Am glad the site is still here. I'm wondering about any photos showing the hotels being built. Are there any in existance?
Ridge70

Post by Ridge70 »

Joe DeFalco wrote:Thanks Sam, everything's good again. Do you have any plans for this site in the future ?? Any new material ?? This is still a popular site.

Thanks for fixing Sam! It's a great and only site dedicated to those hotels.

You may cringe at this next question, but, have you thought of doing a Facebook page as well? Just seems inevitable to do these days. I think a LOT of people would enjoy it. Hardly any maintenance at all except for uploading some of the stuff in the galleries.

Just a thought....
Ridge70

Post by Ridge70 »

Joe DeFalco wrote:Ridge 70... Is Mohonk hiring ??? LOL...

They're ALWAYS hiring lol. Seriously.