Take a swim and pay a fine

Lake Minnewaska and surrounding areas as they are now.
Joe DeFalco
Are you human?: 0

Take a swim and pay a fine

Postby Joe DeFalco » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:42 am

This is news to me and I thought some of you might be interested. My family and I spent the 4th of July in the minnewaska area. We did quite a bit of hiking and a little swimming too. When you buy your daypass at the guardbooth they now have a sign stating illegal swimmers will be fined. I asked how much the fines are and was told up to one hundred dollars but usually twentyfive dollars. By the way the water's a little cold at first but you get used to it fast.

Haze

Postby Haze » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:09 pm

Thank you Joe, for warning us before swimming, I was also planning a trip at minnewaska area. I thought it’s not illegal to swim in the lake. I was also planed to buy a new swimsuit for swimming in this lake. But now when It’s sure that they will make fine for swimming in that area, I won't buy it. I think you’re this news saved my couple of bucks.

my sites

Joe DeFalco
Are you human?: 0

Postby Joe DeFalco » Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:55 am

They do allow swimming in the lake but only in a very limited roped off area. Joe...

AppalachianNature

Re: Take a swim and pay a fine

Postby AppalachianNature » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:46 am

If any rangers say you can't swim at places in Lake Minnewaska spit in their faces, they have no authority, their fines are meaningless.

Return to “Lake Minnewaska Now”