- A new photo quiz! It's only been about 3 years. Don't tell me you got sick of it? These things are actually pretty tough to come up with, so I think it will start to morph from a "photo" quiz to a simple trivia quiz which is much easier.
- The photo gallery has been reorganized and about 100 really nasty photos have been color balanced and cleaned up just a little. Many are probably not worth keeping up, but I just can't get myself to take them down.
The good news is that we've enabled very simple photo uploading to just about any of the categories and albums. It couldn't be simpler... just click on the "Upload Image" link at the top and you'll be prompted from there.
- Speaking of albums, if you've taken lots of photos of and around Minnewaska, and want your own album that you can control, just send me an e-mail and I'll set you up. We would LOVE to have your photos added. There are no limits!
- The next project is to convert all the movies in the movie gallery to Flash format (using YouTube). I thought it would be better to start from scratch on some of these, so that will take some time. The Ryan's Hope clips we have came from such a poor VHS video, that I'm not going to touch those. I've been TiVo'ing Ryan's Hope on the Soap channel for a couple of years now, and I think it's just a few weeks away from these episodes. I can get those and they'll be 100 times better.
Until I get these converted, they're still all in REAL format. Isn't it amazing how something so common just a few years ago has become obsolete?
- I've also added the wonderful guest hiking map to the Maps section. I can't believe it wasn't up all along! It's not the easiest to make out. I added some color highlighting to the trails that may have even made it worse, but I'd love to get some feedback on those that tried to rediscover old abandoned trails.
- Finally, look out for the 100th issue of About Town which will have an article that I wrote (why do you think I cleaned the place up?).
I want to remind everyone, that we're fighting with spammers to keep the entire site wide open without having to register. You can post or reply to messages, and leave comments for photos, add guestbook entries, etc.